Special Set including Ivor the Engine Stamp Cover from the Classic Children's TV Collection - Part 2 of 2 - BC501A
Attractive and elegant stamp cover - Part 2 of 2 - the Smallfilms Collection.
Don't miss out on this attractive Ivor the Engine Stamp Cover which has been created using enchanting artwork from Peter Firmin's Archive.
An engine driver once told Oliver Postgate that engines come to life when you steam them up in the morning. From that idea, Ivor the Engine immediately entered the treasure trove of classic children's TV.
This stamp cover features six of the Classic Children's TV stamps released in 2014 by Royal Mail. This stamp cover also includes the "Blean, Canterbury" postmark which was also designed by Firmin.
The stamps provided on this stamp cover recognise the following characters:
- Ivor the Engine (1959): Ivor the Engine; a small steam train working on a remote line in the "top left-hand corner of Wales".
- Windy Miller - Camberwick Green (1966): Windy Miller and his famous windmill. His bus featured the quote "Windy always saves with a Megarider".
- Great Uncle Bulgaria - The Wombles (1973): The Oldest and Wisest Womble, this leader is very stern but kind and loves reading The Times Newspaper.
- Postman Pat (1981): Pat Clifton, a country postman, and his "White and white cat" Jess delivering the post in the valley of Greendale.
- Peppa Pig (2004): This lovable, cheeky little piggy lives with her little brother George, Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig.
- Shaun the Sheep (2007): Originating from "A Close Shave" he is the leader of the flock and likes to play pranks on Blitzer the farmers Sheep Dog.
Not very long ago, in the top left hand corner of Wales, there was a railway...
Release Date: 7th January 2014
Sorry, there is no additional information available for this product at this time.